Sunday, March 9, 2008

I Have No Shame

It seems since the birth of my two children - I have no shame. Sure, my kids can embarrass me at times, but I do not think I have any personal shame left. I remember when I was laboring with Kelan, my younger sister, Mary, said later that it seemed like every person who came into the birthing suite would stick their hands inside of me. Not an exaggeration. After this, really, what could I be less comfortable with or ashamed of?

Yesterday while on a family walk into Ballard, I decided to make a stop at Bartell's drugstore. I figured it was right next to where we were and (sadly) I needed Monistat. Yes I know, not your most advertised purchase, but here we are as a family walking through the aisles looking for yeast infection medicine. Lovely. Dan is pushing Lauren in a cart and Kelan has his own child sized cart. I lead the parade down the feminine aisle (an aisle I am sure no man likes to walk down - although my husband dutifully has picked up tampons on request in the past - have I mentioned that I have a great husband?). I decide to buy two packs - just to be safe. Kelan likes to have all items placed in his cart when we are at Bartells - so I drop them both into his cart privately laughing that my 3 1/2 year old son is carrying two boxes of yeast infection medicine (our only purchase) to the counter.

Today I noticed while flipping through the flyers in the Sunday paper that there is a $4 off coupon for any Monistat purchase. Then I see that it is on sale at Walgreen's (for an additional four dollars - for a total savings of $8). So back to Bartell's today to return a pack - explaining to Kelan we are returning one - only to explain later at Walgreen's we are buying another one. I even had to fill out a return form at Bartell's with a male cashier (juggling two kids) and a line forming behind me. I have never spent so much time with Monistat.

Since Kelan and Lauren were born I find myself taking care of their every need (or teaching them to provide it for themselves) which leaves me exhausted most of the time. So I guess I am just too tired to care when it comes to buying - or returning - private products.

2 comments:

CaShThoMa said...

Too funny Jeanne....love it.

MMH said...

It just goes on and on and on.