Saturday, October 11, 2008

Granny Pants Redux

Tonight I had the luxury of three hours to myself. Dan is out of town and the kids were at a Parent's Night Out with preschool friends between 5-8pm. What did I do with my time? I chose to go to Costco. I know. Loser. If that was not bad enough, I decided to rectify the underwear situation (see Granny Pants). Never mind that this is the same place I purchased the offending underwear. And would you believe it? I accidently bought the same granny pants.

There are no words. Why I even bother to write about it - I do not know. How did this happen? What is wrong with me? I spent 15-20 minutes examining all of the underwear selections. Seriously. I did not have the kids with me, so I took my time to find the perfect style. I even opened a couple of packages to really get an understanding of what I was dealing with. Sadly, I neglected to open up all of them.

I liked the Calvin Klein bikini, but it was twice the cost, so NO (I have got to drop this cheap attitude when choosing underwear) and the Maidenform were nice - but they had some stripes on them I thought my show through light pants. I come to the French Dressing's it-se-bit-se brand of bikini underwear and the picture looks good (i.e. I can see her bellybutton, unlike looking at me in my granny pants where my bellybutton - and lower back - is covered). I soon realize that this is the same brand as my last (awful) panty purchase, so I put them down and go back to the Calvin's. I start feeling guilty about the price again, and then realize the fabric content. I am really a cotton girl when it comes to everyday wear. And here comes the big mistake. I pick up the damn French Dressing's it-se-bit-se "bikini" (I use quotes here, because these are NOT bikinis - they are tents) and check the fabric content - good, cotton. Unfortunately, the package was really secure so I (fatal move) just put it in my cart and continued on.

When I get home I open up the package of "bikinis" and am completely stunned. I have bought the exact same underwear. Granny pants. Fucker. Clearly I need intervention. I cannot buy my underwear at Costco. I cannot buy my underwear at Costco. Einstein's definition of insanity comes to mind: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

2 comments:

40licious said...

Please post pic of you in said Granny pants. I can't wait to see.

Mary said...

And even if you are in the granny panys, we need a visual. Maybe put kelan and lorden in them..that should get the point across. :D